If you want to start exercising at home, then the BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 is worth considering. It’s an innovative piece of equipment, saving you time, space and money.
With BodyBoss you’re encouraged to exercise at home consistently. It’s designed to replace traditional exercise equipment, combining many concepts into one piece. Instead of using a rack of dumbbells, you can use the BodyBoss and fold it away when you’re done.
Read on to discover all the pros and cons of this product and see if it’s the right fit for you.
This post contains affiliate links, which helps keep the site running. Any links clicked on may contribute a small commission to the site at no extra cost to you. See further details in this affiliate disclosure.
What is BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0?
The BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 is a portable gym that simulates many exercise machines, which you can use in the comfort of your own home. It has a sturdy base with resistance bands and a workout bar. It works by attaching the resistance bands, which you can adjust to different levels. It comes with several accessories, working your shoulders, arms, chest, lower back, abs and legs.
Its fold-up design makes it easy to take anywhere and stow away when you’re finished with it.
- Effective calorie-burner.
- Has all the accessories for a total body workout.
- Can perform over 300 different moves.
- Covers resistance training, boxing, and cardio.
- Padding and non-slip grips for your safety and comfort.
- Lightweight, compact and versatile.
- Adjustable resistance levels.
- User friendly and easy to assemble.
- Great space saver with simple fold-up portable design.
- Unique design.
- 1 x fold-up base.
- 2 x adjustable resistance bands.
- 2 x handles to simulate dumbbells.
- 2 x limb straps for boxing and cardio workouts.
- 1 x collapsable workout bar to simulate a squat rack and bar.
- 1 door anchor.
- 1 x carry bag to store accessories.
- 1 starter guide with access to hundreds of workouts for home, travel, or outside.
You can perform exercises for the upper body, lower body, or full body. You’re never focused on just one thing and won’t get bored. BodyBoss targets a wide range of muscles, including trapezius, biceps, triceps, lats, calves, quads, and abs.
Clipping the bands at various angles works your core, forcing it to stabilize your body. You can switch between the bar and handles for different maneuvers. BodyBoss simulates 300+ routines, so you can consistently challenge yourself.
Some exercise examples:
- ab twists
- calf raises
- bar jerks
- shoulder presses
- bicep curls
- hammer curls
- chest presses
- ab crunches
- overhead presses
- oblique crunches
- lateral pulldowns
- rear delt raises
- hamstring curls
- overhead tricep extensions
- barbell presses
- back exercises
The BodyBoss has a bonus-free start-up workout program, which is optional. This includes access to workout guides, and you can choose if you want to follow them live, in a replay, as a program, or do them on your own. They also have a YouTube channel jam-packed with workout demos.
“Your time, your rules, you’re the boss!” – BodyBoss.
BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 Design
It’s important to know exactly what you’re paying for. Each element of the BodyBoss has been specially crafted to deliver a safe and effective workout.
The BodyBoss has a sturdy padded base that lies flat on the floor, wide enough for someone to stand comfortably. It’s capable of handling hundreds of pounds of force. The top has non-slip material and the underside is equipped with feet to keep it from sliding on any surface.
Instead of standing on your resistance bands, the BodyBoss platform connects the bands to the floor. This gives you more diversity and control over the resistance
There are evenly spaced posts on the base, each has a ring that pops up to clip the bands onto. You can loop bands through two or more hooks to increase resistance. When you’re done, pop down the rings and fold the base in half for easy carrying and storage.
Size: 34 inches x 20 inches.
Resistance bands are a safe alternative to heavyweights. They’re effective in toning the body and promoting blood flow. Instead of wrapping bands around your hands or feet, clipping them saves you from cutting off circulation.
The BodyBoss comes with two cloth-covered bands, which you can use one per side. This adds good resistance to movements like squats. The platform can fit more bands for added resistance, but you need to purchase them separately.
The bands come with padded handles that are designed for a non-slip grip. They’re practical for any height up to 7-feet.
Length: 30 inches (simulates 0-30 pounds).
The following accessories will enhance your workout experience.
Straps – these are double-padded and sweat resistant, designed to fit all sized wrists and ankles. Using these gives you access to even more exercises, with the base or door anchor.
Handles – these will add weight and give you a comfortable grip throughout your workout. Clip these onto your bands to perform movements like bicep curls.
Bar – this has padded grips and you can use it for squats, as a barbell etc. It can unscrew and the ends are designed to spin a full 360-degrees.
Door Anchor – this gives you access to even more workouts. To use, clip your bands to the door anchor. Open the door, set the anchor on top then close the door. Attach any accessories to the clips on the other end (e.g. workout bar).
BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 Pros
- Very versatile.
- Compact and convenient.
- Easily portable; requires little space for transport.
- Handy for people on the go.
- Wide strong base made of non-slip material.
- Sturdy bands with the ability to adjust resistance.
- Accessories allow for a wide variety of exercises.
- Perfect for people who don’t want to buy a lot of equipment.
- Good workout in front of the TV.
- Great customer service.
- Excellent space saver.
- Cheaper than a gym membership or buying several pieces of equipment.
- Ideal for people who are restricted or time-poor – complete a workout within minutes!
BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 Cons
- Extra bands are an additional cost.
- There are mixed reviews on how well it works for shorter people.
- Doesn’t replace a fully equipped gym.
- Minor complaints of some of the video workouts.
- Doesn’t satisfy people with advanced fitness who lift very heavyweights
This product is most suitable for beginner to intermediate fitness levels. It’s highly convenient for people who travel, people who don’t want to join a gym, and anyone who doesn’t have the space (or finances) for a full home gym. Even if you do have the space, you might find this a good addition to your collection to use outside on a sunny day.
The BodyBoss offers trainer support, hassle-free returns, and 1-year full warranty.
The BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 offers value for money. You can save thousands of dollars on equipment with this one simple lightweight product.
It’s a versatile product that ticks many boxes. We give it a rating of 8 out of 10 (and would go higher if it included more bands).
Overall, this is a good package that covers a wide range of exercises. It’s a great option for anyone wanting to start their fitness journey at home.